Hives are an allergic reaction
Hives or urticaria is considered an allergic reaction of the body to certain triggers like food and medication. the body normally releases histamine as a response to foreign bodies and thus creates responses like hives and in severe allergic reactions, can cause difficulty of breathing, narrowing of the airway passages and may sometimes lead to shock.
Hives are characterized as raised patches of skin that are itchy, red and may sometimes sting upon contact. Hives are most often seen in children but adults may have chronic hives as a result of hives lasting for more than 6 weeks that also frequently recurs when exposed to triggers. Allergic reaction hives treatment must be kept in mind to be able to reduce the symptoms of hives as soon as possible.
Allergic reaction hives treatments are immediate treatments given to people who suffer from acute cases of hives. Treatments for hives range from over the counter medication, prescription medication and home remedies that have been used for generations to reduce the symptoms of hives. at present, there is no ultimate cure for hives only allergic reaction hives treatments that are used to reduce the symptoms of hives. Here are some popular allergic reaction hives treatments used today:
- The most common advice to anyone suffering from an acute attack of hives is to stay away from food or medication that may have triggered this skin condition. Allergic reaction hives treatment is to stay away from any triggers and factors that may cause allergic reactions.
If you suffer from chronic hives, it is best to keep a food and medication diary that can determine the reason why you develop hives. A visit to a doctor who specializes in allergies may help determine the proper treatment for hives.
- Oral antihistamines are the most common allergic reaction hives treatment that is prescribed by physicians. Dipenhydramine Hcl or Benadryl is the most common drug of choice. this blocks histamines from creating an allergic reaction response by the body reducing the presence of hives, removing itching and inflammation. It is important to note however, that oral antihistamines cause dizziness and lack of motor coordination. Care should be observed in taking antihistamines, do not drive or operate machinery after taking this medication.
- Corticosteroids are also used to suppress the immune system response to an allergy. although steroids may be effective in reducing symptoms of hives, this mediation may compensate the immune system. any infection may become worse with corticosteroids and may thus impair the immune system all the more.
- Another allergic reaction hives treatment is to use home remedies. There are many popular home remedies that are used to treat hives like cold compresses, cornstarch powder, olive oil and grapefruit seed. Theses home remedies are all intended to reduce the symptoms of hives like severe itching, redness and swelling that are hallmarks of hives.
Since urticaria is more common in children, itching is the most popular symptom that may need immediate attention. Itching is removed by applying cold compresses, calamine lotion, aloe vera extracts or cornstarch powder. It is important to keep fingernails short and clean to prevent scratching and skin infection.
- An allergic reaction hives treatment that is common in hives triggered by sudden heat or cold is to remain in a room with constant temperature. do not attempt to do exercise and any physical activity that can make you sweat since these may only worsen hives.
Preventing hives as an allergic reaction hives treatment
They say that prevention is the best treatment for any type of illness which is also true for allergic reaction hives treatment. Initially, the cause of hives or allergies is determined. the person must avoid foods, medication and environment that may cause hives to recur.
Increasing immune system health may also increase your chances of preventing hives brought about by infections like urinary tract infection and autoimmune diseases. Eat healthy foods, take supplements and practice a healthy lifestyle to keep immune system function healthy. Stress is also a popular trigger for hives. Allergic reaction hives treatment is also focused on reducing stress through medications, alternative remedies and other activities that can significantly reduce stress.
- Oxyhives Review
- What Are Hives And How Can You Deal With Them?
- Superfoods for Hives Relief - ahealthything.com
- Moving With Your Children