With every hives medication that you take, there are various side effects that you may experience and precautions that you have to undertake.
Here is a list of the possible side effects paired with the appropriate precautionary measure:
- The most prominent side effect of taking antihistamine is the drowsing effect it has. so if you are planning to go someplace and do something, then you might as well consider taking another medication or taking it at a later time. Physicians prescribe antihistamines to be tken at bedtime. Remember that for antihistamines to work properly you must; use the appropriate dose for you as deemed by your doctor and that it must be used for the ordered length of time.
- Headache, hoarseness, dry mouth and fatigue may also occur with taking in antihistamines. your body may be able to adjust after a while.
- If any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur due to intake of hives medication, then you must tell your doctor immediately: rapid heartbeat, nervousness, dizziness, weakness, and wheezing.
- be watchful of allergic reactions like: difficulty breathing, rash, dizziness, swelling and itching. these are serious allergic reactions that require immediate medical attention.
- Corticosteroids like hydrocortisone can have adverse effects when used long term. this is why doctors use it shortly and then after revert to the safer antihistamine if the symptoms have subsided.
The most important thing therefore is that the person with hives be given enough and appropriate medication to control the hives. The hives medication that works best must be part of the treatment regimen.
- Oxyhives Review
- What Are Hives And How Can You Deal With Them?
- Superfoods for Hives Relief - ahealthything.com
- Moving With Your Children