Information on types of hives proves useful to an individual who gets diagnosed with any one type of the skin infection. Though there are various reasons that lead to different types of hives, correct knowledge helps a person to get proper treatment. moreover, timely assistance of a physician also helps the patient to manage the skin problem as early as possible.
Hives, medically termed as ‘Urticaria’, appear in the form of skin rash. Besides this, there are a variety of reasons such as an insect bite or allergy due to the consumption of various foodstuffs like berries, nuts. Apart from this, non-allergic reactions cause hives in humans that include direct contact with extreme heat or extreme cold or very high pressure on delicate skin due to heavy weight exercises. as a result, the person develops rash on the skin surface and suffers from constant itching which disturbs the general routine and day-to-day activities.
When an individual gets infected with hives, he/she usually develops bumps and swelling on the infected portion of skin. the infection can persist from up to a few hours, to several weeks as it depends upon the nature of infection that it causes to the person. moreover, factors like immunity and resistance also decide the cycle of the hives infection till it gets cured completely. A correct understanding about hives types helps a person to get appropriate treatment for the skin infection.
What are the Different Hives Types?
To get an idea and proper information about hives, plenty of data is available on the internet. an individual can refer to a variety of medical books, journals and science magazines that provide sufficient information about the skin disease. assistance of a doctor also proves beneficial to understand the exact nature of the skin problem and what are the various factors that cause it. Some of the most common hives types are as under.
- Acute Urticaria - Acute Urticaria infection takes place when a person consumes allergic food-stuffs. the infection caused here lasts for a less than six weeks period which can be cured completely if diagnosed on time.
- Chronic Urticaria - Chronic Urticaria too lasts for about six weeks and is caused by factors like autoimmunity, disturbances in hormones or due to the development of a tumor.
- Aquagenic Urticaria – Aquagenic Urticaria hives takes place when an individual comes in contact with harmful chemicals present in water. therefore the type is referred to as aquagenic.
- Cholinergic Urticaria – Cholinergic Urticaria refers to the skin infection which is usually of small size. for example: A skin rash of approximately 2-3 millimeters. Normally, it develops on upper body part of humans which occurs due to extreme high body temperature. the reasons for the high temperature could be very heavy exercises, overloaded stress or excessive temperate surroundings.
- Dermatographism – in dermatographism, type of hives infection, skin irritation is caused due to continuous scratching. moreover, some sort of friction when the person comes in contact with a physical object could also lead to this type of hives infection. Infected skin of the patient develops straight lines that disappear usually after an hour.
- Hereditary Angioedema – Hereditary Angioedema simply means hives that passes from one generation to another. in this type, the patient suffers from excessive pain in the infected body part which shows severe swelling. With the consultation of an expert dermatologist, the offspring can get suggestions regarding effective remedial measures to manage the problem of hives skin problem.
Apart from the above given hives types, there are some more types that are dependent upon various factors. A timely diagnosis and proper assistance helps the patient to manage the problem and get rid of it successfully.
- Oxyhives Review
- What Are Hives And How Can You Deal With Them?
- Superfoods for Hives Relief - ahealthything.com
- Moving With Your Children