Hives can be caused by many different things however there are some that are more common than others. when a person notices that they are breaking out in hives they tend to panic and in some instances this can actually make the hives WORSE. The most common causes of hives are:
- Infection or Illness: Some illnesses can cause hives. there are also many cases of a person developing hives when they have a high fever.
- Something Ingested: this would apply to foods or medications. In some instances an allergy might not show up the first time you are exposed to the allergen. It has also been shown that in some cases an allergy to a medicine might not show up for days after being ingested.
- Stress: As mentioned above, if you notice hives it is possible that you becoming panicked or nervous about them can actually make matters worse. Some people have been shown to break out in hives when their stress levels are high.
- Inhaled Substances: This would apply to things in our environment such as pollen, mold, pet dander or dust.
- Environmental Substances: Laundry detergent, soaps, perfumes and make-up have all been shown to cause hives. Beware of new products and it is always good to test things on a small area of the skin before using everywhere.
How Can I Treat my Hives?
There are several over the counter medications available to help find relief from hives. Some of the more common products are:
Some other ways to find relief from hives are things like oatmeal baths and avoiding the products and substances that cause the hives in the first place. Speak with your Doctor and discuss your symptoms as soon as possible.
- Oxyhives Review
- What Are Hives And How Can You Deal With Them?
- Superfoods for Hives Relief - ahealthything.com
- Moving With Your Children